Friday. Freedom. Fun. Money. Music. To some degree, we can associate the GOOD day with one of these things, the things that sustain us. Friday is about letting the past go and embracing the positive promise of what lies ahead. I wanted to connect with our readers and listeners in a simple way as we celebrate the weekend so I’m introducing the “Feels Like Friday” series. Feels Like Friday is going to be a quick recap of the week through music but no matter what challenges I’ve had to overcome, my joy isn’t stolen. I hope you all enjoy and welcome your comments, critiques, suggestions and stories.
1. Higher (King Pt. 6) – Big K.R.I.T. – TDT
2. Championships – Meek Mill – Championships
3. Malcolm X.X.X. – Kodak Black – Dying To Live
4. M.F.T.R. – Pusha T, The Dream – King Push – Darkest Before Dawn: The Prelude
5. Smile – Jay-Z – 4:44
6. Alexys – Freddie Gibbs – You Only Live 2wice
You Might Also Like . . .
My childhood sounds like books on tape during my mother’s sorority meetings, the Tom Joyner Morning Show on the way to school, and a cassette tape collection that, looking back, just don't make no sense. So I made The TJones Tapes, a list of songs inspired by the music my mother listens to, the movies she watches, and the cassette tape collection that never failed us.